Monday, October 6, 2008

"Monday...Mondaaaay..."

At home...

Doing laundry...

Washing dishes...

Eating lunch...

Paying bills...

Playing with my adorable daughter!

The "usual"...


This past weekend was really nice...busy, but nice... Saturday, Mom, Kassia, and I went to a couple of craft fairs, one of which I went to last year, and at that time, I happened to have a huge pregnant belly... It was kind of surreal walking around this year, pushing that very baby, who I hadn't even met yet, around in a stroller (that didn't roll so well in the dirt!)... Of course, I saw tons of things I wanted to buy to decorate the house for all the upcoming holidays...but, as "funds" are low, I didn't buy all three million of them... Instead, Mom blessed me with a cute little scarecrow guy I was really wanting...and he's now hanging out on my couch! I love fall! Next, we met Scott for lunch at Chili's...and had some delicious burgers! Then, Scott went to run some errands, and we visited another craft show, where I bought something to decorate Kassia's room...and picked up some wood-carvings of all our names to eventually paint in Christmas colors to decorate the bar area...(definitely a good idea, Mom! Can't wait to see how they turn out!)

Saturday afternoon, we headed over to X and E's adoption party...and boy, what a spread! Kelly and Ryan went ALL out! The decorations were awesome...there was tons of food...and everything was set up so nice in their backyard! There was a "bouncy castle" and a small ball pit for the kids to play in... And, there was even a "sno-cone" machine and a cotton candy machine! When the Newcom's say "party"...they mean it! Kassia had a blast in the ball pit! She and Morgan rolled around in there...put as many as balls they could get into their mouths...and just had fun! I'm glad the party was such a hit...and what a wonderful way to celebrate and make new memories for such a beautiful occasion!

We ended up going out to eat with Mom later that evening...and had some yummy steaks at the "Texas Roadhouse"...(you know, the place where they throw the peanut shells on the floor!) It was nice to just hang out and talk and enjoy each others' company!

Sunday, Scott wasn't feeling well...so Kassia and I did everything on our own... Church - a delicious lunch with Chris and Lynn (thanks again, guys!) - "Love and Respect" Bible study... We all just hung out and relaxed yesterday evening...a good way to prepare for the new week...

And, speaking of starting a new week - didn't I mention "doing laundry" somewhere up there? Yeah, I need to go switch over the loads... Back to work!



0 comments: